Monday, July 06, 2009

Celebrating July 4th with Isaac

On July 3, 2009, I traveled home from a week long trip to Cullowhee, NC where I was working with other educators in learning to use Web 2.0 tools. I arrived home to a nonstop weekend as Isaac's Gramps. Granni and I with the help of Kati and Ray watched Isaac from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon so Betsy and Steven could go on a weekend trip to the mountains of NC. It was special to have the extended time with our grandson.

Highlights of this weekend include playing with Isaac in his backyard pool. Dad and I go to yard sales almost every Saturday after we each our breakfast at Circle G. A month ago we found this pool for $5. He loves water and could not get enough of playing in his pool! I think he had a better time in "Isaac's pool" than the community pool he usually goes to when he swims.

He loves to splash! He filled the cups up numerous times and poured water all around and even on his head. I had a great time just watching and taking pictures. Of course I did my share of filling the cups too and pouring on Isaac... something he liked me to do!

On July 4th, Kati and Ray, who spent each night with Isaac, brought him to his great aunt Donna's house to watch the 51st Coulwood Community Parade. He watched everything that was going on and had the best of times. He helped pick up candy that folks in the parade tossed out as they passed. We all took turns holding Isaac as he enjoyed this event. We did not know what his reaction would be to all the loud noises but he watched like you see him in this picture taking it all in. He waved as several floats passed. The haul of candy improved this year due to having Isaac in my arms ;-)

Later in the afternoon, we went to Granny's and Paw Paws for a cookout. We had hamburgers and hot dogs.

We provided health meals for Isaac all weekend but had to purchase him a Happy Meal this one time, our first time keeping him for the weekend... guess we had to do this as a major spoil by grandparents. Knowing processed food is not good, we won't make a habit of doing it! We did enjoy watching him find the longest french fries and carefully dipping and re dipping them in the ketchup then eating them one at a time.

We ended the weekend by taking Isaac to eat Chinese. The little guy really likes to eat out and is so good. After arriving home, we put him down for some much needed rest so he could wake up refreshed when his parent's returned from their time away.



3 comments:

Steven Mauney said...

Looks like y'all just had a blast! I'm glad you were able to have that extended time with him. Betsy and I are very appreciative, as we had a blast ourselves!

-steven

Betsy said...

Thanks for sharing about your adventures with Isaac, Daddy!!! I know y'all had so much fun and he didn't even realize we were gone! :) I'm sure he can't wait till his next weekend with Gramps and Granni!

Erin G said...

I love the look on his face right after he dumped water on his head. precious. :)